Please click on the image below for information that has been provided by the Province of Prince Edward Island
March 17th, 2020
PUBLIC ACCESS CLOSURE
IN LIGHT OF THE CURRENT COVID-19 SITUATION, OUR OFFICES HAVE MADE THE DECISION TO CLOSE TO THE PUBLIC EFFECTIVE IMMEDIATELY UNTIL FURTHER NOTICE. WE WILL CONTINUE TO WELCOME CLIENTS WITH URGENT NEEDS AND ASK OTHERS TO CONTACT US VIA EMAIL OR PHONE.
THE HEALTH AND SAFETY OF OUR TEAM, CLIENTS AND THE PUBLIC IS OUR OUTMOST CONCERN.
WE ARE COMMITTED TO CONTINUING BUSINESS VIA PHONE, EMAIL AND ONLINE AND WILL DO EVERYTHING WE CAN TO CONTINUE THIS PRACTICE. IF YOU DO NEED TO VISIT ONE OF OUR OFFICES PLEASE BE SO KIND TO NOTIFY US IN ADVANCE.
PLEASE CONTINUE TO WATCH OUR FACEBOOK PAGE AND WEBSITE FOR MORE UPDATES AS THINGS BECOME AVAILABLE.
KEEP WASHING YOUR HANDS, BEING SAFE AND TAKE GOOD CARE!
March 16th, 2020
This is to update our valued clients and all travelers about how we are addressing COVID-19 concerns.
For us, the challenge is multi-faceted: we have staff in 5 locations plus home offices whose health and safety we care about greatly; we have clients whose travel plans have been disrupted; and we have clients in locations around the world who are now turning to us for help in returning home.
With the understanding that this is a quickly evolving situation, let us try to provide guidance and insight on each of these challenges at this time.
- At the current time our locations are fully operational. This could change on short notice. We continue to monitor the advice of PHAC and our public health offices. We have increased our efforts toward social distancing to those in our offices for the benefit of both clients and staff, and have stepped up our efforts to offer a clean work environment.
- It is possible that some of our travel advisors may work from home eventually; if so they will forward phones, communicate by email, and check messages to continue to serve you. We have the capacity for our agents to work from home and will continue to serve clients’ needs should we be forced to close our offices.
- Some office closures are possible for reasons that may be out of our control: for example, shopping center closures etc. If this happens and you need to reach us please call the number below. Check our Facebook page where we will post our most up to date information.
- Our agents are available to help their clients as always and are making themselves available outside normal office hours to assist as best they can. We are so grateful for their dedication and we hope that you are too.
- You can reach us at: 1-800-883-8124
Disruption of travel plans:
- Many clients have had their travel plans disrupted on short notice, especially those who had family March Break travel plans. There is a large volume of urgent trip cancellations/changes. We have been working with clients to facilitate cancellations. Many of our travel suppliers have offered great flexibility in cancellation policies and waiver of rebooking fees. We will continue to assist clients and communicate with suppliers to make the changes needed.
- Our agents are prioritizing the order in which they can give their attention to files. We know that you are worried about making your changes as soon as possible. Please know that it is important to us to get to you as soon as possible but that it may take some time as we may have to give priority in order of departure dates. We will get back to you in as timely a manner as possible.
- We have also been working closely with clients to submit Manulife insurance claims as appropriate. We communicate frequently with Manulife to stay on top of their latest advisories and to interpret how these impact our valued clients. Some travel claims can be completed online by clients themselves, we are advising clients on this as appropriate so that claims can be submitted as efficiently as possible.
- Many who have booked their own vacations online have reached out to us for assistance in navigating the complicated processes of cancelling, achieving credit, or even finding out information. Clients who have booked their trips with us are our first priority. However, some agents may be able to assist with those who did not book with us IF they feel they can make the time after serving our current clients; a service fee will apply.
Clients currently out of country:
- The Government of Canada has advised that all travelers outside of Canada should make efforts to return home as soon as possible as the availability of return transportation is unpredictable.
- At The Travel Store we are reaching out to our clients abroad to share this advisory and are here to make every effort to assist in finding you a way back to Canada.
- On your return you should be aware that you will be required to self-quarantine for 14 days on your return to Canada, per government instructions. This is required EVEN IF you exhibit no symptoms.
Even with the current advisories in place we still hear from some clients who want to book trips in the short term. We currently advise that all travelers heed the advice of our Federal Government to avoid all non-necessary travel outside of Canada. We require any new bookings at this time and until the government advisory has changed to sign a waiver that confirms their understanding of the restrictions, and we still strongly recommend that you purchase travel insurance for potential issues not related to COVID-19.
To check the latest advice from the Governments of Canada, Prince Edward Island, New Brunswick, and Nova Scotia, please use the following links:
Also, please feel free to reach out to us directly via our website thetravelstore.ca, or via our Facebook page. Our team is committed to the health and safety of our staff, clients, and communities, and wish the best to one and all at this time.